Table of Contents
- 1 Can you use an AIO pump header as a fan header?
- 2 Can I connect a fan to a pump fan header?
- 3 Can you plug system fan into pump fan?
- 4 Can I use RGB header for fan?
- 5 Can I run RGB fans without RGB header?
- 6 Are fan headers the same as RGB headers?
- 7 What are AIO pump headers?
- 8 Can AIO fans run at 12V?
- 9 Which case fan header should I use?
Can you use an AIO pump header as a fan header?
Can you plug an AIO pump into a fan header? Yes. It will work perfectly fine.
Can I connect a fan to a pump fan header?
You can safely connect a case fan to your board. By default, it works as a PWM fan headers. The non-PWM fan will run 100\% if you plug it. If you have a PWM fan plugged in, it can change speed based on the current.
Can I use a CPU fan header for a case fan?
Yes, you can connect case fans to CPU_fan headers. Or you can use fan splitters to connect two case fans to a single chassis_fan header.
Can you plug system fan into pump fan?
Can I use RGB header for fan?
Yes it should, as long as it is a 4-pin PWM fan, it’ll work. 3-pin fans will also work but… This is a fan head splitter for 3 and 4 pin fans. It’s will not work with an RGB header.
How many fans can a motherboard fan header handle?
Most motherboard headers will provide 1 A, so do not connect more than 4 fans to one header. Some motherboards have headers that can provide more (e.g., mine do 2 A) so you could attach more.
Can I run RGB fans without RGB header?
Hi, Yes they will work as fans even if you plug in it without the rgb part. Most of the rgb fans come with a controller or demand a controller to be plugged in so you can control them via some kind of a software.
Are fan headers the same as RGB headers?
The RGB cables and fan cables run separate from each other. So you would need to plug the RGB cables into your controller or your motherboard.
Can I plug CPU fan into system fan?
Yes! Perfectly fine! Another option is to connect the second fan directly to the PSU using a Molex connector.
What are AIO pump headers?
Unless that board is particularly different than most others, AIO Pump headers are usually just headers designated for a pump and is noted in the BIOS as a different header you can control.
Can AIO fans run at 12V?
2) AIO or W_Pump header – It’s just a standard CHA fan preset to run at 12v maximum with a cool new marketing tag. On some boards it can be reconfigured back into a CHA header. On others, it cannot. The answer to that may affect your decision on which header to use and if you are short headers for your case fans.
Can I plug a case fan into an AIO pump?
The AIO combines the water block, radiator, tubes, fans, fittings, and pump into 1 sleek package. Herein, can I plug case fan into pump? Yes, you can safely connect a case fan to your motherboard’s PUMP_FAN1 header. It works (by default) as a PWM fan header.
Which case fan header should I use?
The answer to that may affect your decision on which header to use and if you are short headers for your case fans. By default, anything connected to it will run at 100\%. This is the header to use if you decide you want motherboard control of your radiator fans (for whatever reason). H100i v2 to AIO header.