Table of Contents
How do I sell my paintings locally?
Here are some ideas on how to market your artwork in your local community.
- Hold Local Exhibits.
- Network with the Local Arts Community.
- Get in Touch With Businesses.
- Schmooze with the Press.
- Team Up with a Local Charity.
- How do you promote your artwork locally?
How can I legally sell my art?
If you are selling any artwork yourself, it is a legal requirement to have a business license. It allows you to file for a DBA (Doing Business As) so that you can operate under the business name of your choice. You can also operate a business under your own name.
How do I sell a real painting?
Selling the Work Choose how you wish to sell the paintings. Alternatives include online auction sites, brick-and-mortar auction houses, a consignment gallery, online art sites and private dealers. If you’re offering more than one artist’s work, you could set up your own gallery or online site.
How do I sell my paintings to companies?
How To Sell Your Art to Hotels & Businesses: 4 Tips from Indiewalls’ Senior Art Curator
- Pinpoint the best clients for YOUR artwork. Interior designers often turn to social media to plug into current art trends and up-and-coming styles.
- Highlight your art and your ideas, not your CV.
- Stay flexible.
- Always follow up.
How do I sell my original paintings?
Yes, you can make money selling art online! Here are some of the best places to virtually sell your art.
- Fine Art America. Fine Art America is the world’s largest online art marketplace and print-on-demand technology company.
How can I sell my art for more money?
Here are some of the best websites we’ve found to help sell your art online.
- Etsy. Most of us know the power of Etsy.
- Artfinder. Artfinder is an online marketplace for independent artists to sell their original work—be it painting, photography, sculpture, and more!
- Big Cartel.
Is it legal to resell art?
Yes, it is legal to resell the art that you own. If you own the artwork legally (e.g. by purchasing it) and can back it up with a document, like a valid receipt, then there should normally be no problem selling it.
Is selling art online illegal?
The answer is, if you are creating fan art whether for profit or not, any copyrighted character or use of trademark in a description or title without prior written consent from the copyright owner, then selling fan art is illegal but making fan art is not illegal.
Where can I sell my original paintings?
The best places to sell your artwork online to support your creative business.
- Saatchi Art.
How do I sell a valuable painting?
Next, choose an audience that will understand the value of your piece
- Discover Potential Buyers. If possible, start with the artist or where you bought the piece.
- Sell through an Auction House.
- Sell in a Gallery.
- Understand the Contract.
- Choosing the Right Vendor.
How do I know how much a painting is worth?
How to Find How Much Paintings Are Worth
- Check the painting for the artist’s signature.
- Search art reference books to confirm the painter’s identity.
- Search auction records for the prices of other paintings by the artist.
- Pay an art appraiser for a professional estimate of the painting.