Table of Contents
How do I show the taskbar only when the Windows key is pressed?
You can do it with autohotkey, based on this. It overrides the right windows key and turns it into a hide toggle for the taskbar: hitting the winkey once will show the taskbar and the startmenu, hitting it again will put the taskbar into a ‘super hidden’ mode, so the mouse position won’t trigger it.
How do I permanently lock the taskbar in Windows 10?
To lock or unlock the taskbar in Windows 10, do the following.
- Right-click on the taskbar.
- In the context menu, choose Lock the taskbar to lock it. A check mark will appear next to the context menu item.
- To unlock the taskbar, right-click on it and select the checked Lock the taskbar item. The check mark will disappear.
How do I make the Windows taskbar appear?
Press the Windows key on the keyboard to bring up the Start Menu. This should also make the taskbar appear. Right-Click on the now-visible taskbar and select Taskbar Settings.
How do I make the taskbar auto hide?
How to Hide the Taskbar in Windows 10
- Right-click an empty spot on the taskbar. This will open a menu of options.
- Choose Taskbar settings from the menu.
- Toggle on “Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode” or “Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode” depending on the configuration of your PC.
How do I Unfix my taskbar?
Lock/Unlock the taskbar in Windows 10 Right click on taskbar and select “Lock the taskbar” in context menu. OR Right click on taskbar and select “Properties” in context menu. In “Taskbar and Start menu Properties” window, select check box in front of “Lock the taskbar” option. Click on Apply button to save the change.
Why is my taskbar hiding?
Hidden. One of the first things you should check if your Windows taskbar keeps disappearing is your taskbar properties. When “Auto-hide” is selected in the taskbar properties, your taskbar is only revealed when you mouse-over the area where it’s supposed to be located. Uncheck “Auto-hide” to stop it from disappearing.
Why is my task bar not hiding?
Make sure that the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option is enabled. Sometimes, if you’re experiencing problems with your taskbar auto-hiding, just turning the feature off and back on again will fix your problem.
Why is task bar locked?
The Windows 10 taskbar may be frozen for a variety of reasons, including an incomplete operating system update, an update bug, corrupted system files, or corrupted user account files.
How do I stop my toolbar from auto hiding?
- Right-click the Windows “Start” button and click “Properties.”
- Click the “Taskbar” tab.
- Remove the check mark from the “Auto-Hide the Taskbar” check box and click “OK.”
How do I keep the taskbar from disappearing Windows 10?
How to auto-hide Windows 10’s taskbar
- Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. (If you’re in tablet mode, hold a finger on the taskbar.)
- Click taskbar settings.
- Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. (You can also do the same for tablet mode.)
How do I use the taskbar Hider?