Table of Contents
How do you find the depth of a node?
- Input: K = 25, / \ 10 15. / \ / \ 20 25 30 35.
- Output: Depth of node 25 = 2. Height of node 25 = 1.
- Explanation: The number of edges in the path from root node to the node 25 is 2. Therefore, depth of the node 25 is 2. The number of edges in the longest path connecting the node 25 to any leaf node is 1.
How do you find the height and depth of a binary tree?
Steps to find height of binary tree
- If tree is empty then height of tree is 0.
- else Start from the root and , Find the maximum depth of left sub-tree recursively. Find the maxium depth of right sub-tree recursively.
- Maxium depth of this two is (left and right subtree) height of binary tree.
How do you find the depth of a tree in data structure?
5.3), the depth of a node X in a tree T is defined as the length of the simple path (number of edges) from the root node of T to X. The height of a node Y is the number of edges on the longest downward simple path from Y to a leaf.
What is the average depth of a binary tree?
Explanation: The average depth of a binary tree is given as O(√N). In case of a binary search tree, it is O(log N). 11.
What is meant by depth of a tree?
For each node in a tree, we can define two features: height and depth. A node’s height is the number of edges to its most distant leaf node. On the other hand, a node’s depth is the number of edges back up to the root.
Is a 2 3 tree a binary tree?
The 2-3 tree is not a binary tree, but instead its shape obeys the following definition: A node contains one or two keys. Every internal node has either two children (if it contains one key) or three children (if it contains two keys). Hence the name.
What is the total depth of all nodes in an AVL tree?
So the average depth of nodes in the tree is also O(logn). Your professor mentioned that AVL trees will always have an average depth of O(logn).
What is the average depth of binary tree?
How many children does a binary tree have?
In computer science, a binary tree is a tree data structure in which each node has at most two children, which are referred to as the left child and the right child.
How many leaves does a binary tree have?
Theorem: A complete binary tree of height h has 0 leaves when h = 0 and otherwise it has 2h leaves. Proof by induction. The complete binary tree of height 0 has one node and it is an isolated point and not a leaf. Therefore it has 0 leaves.