Table of Contents
How do you raise your first round?
6 Tips for Raising Your First Round of Funding
- Gut check.
- Seek advisers, not investors.
- Talk to founders who have done it before.
- Choose the right type of investor for your business.
- Ignore the naysayers, but watch out for the “yes” men.
- Be prepared to give yourself over to the process.
How do you pitch a business to VC?
How to pitch your business to venture capital investors
- Have the right type of business.
- Find the right investors.
- Focus on the market.
- Know your numbers.
- Be honest about the strengths and weaknesses of your team.
- Find good advisors.
- Learn from “no”
How do I get VCs attention?
How to Get the Attention of a Venture Capitalist
- Get an introduction by a partner-level lawyer.
- Get an introduction by a professor of engineering.
- Get an introduction by the founder of a company in the venture capitalist’s portfolio.
- Show success.
- Make sure your company is in the right space.
- Use a short email.
What are the best attitudes to have?
1. Attitude of Positivity Let’s take a moment to view your attitude as a pyramid – something that is systematically built over time. At the base of the pyramid would be positivity. Positivity is the prerequisite for all of the other attitudes you need to have in order to, as the Lifehack mission says, “live your best life without sacrifice.”
When is the best time to contact your competitors?
If you contact someone right after they close a contract with your competitor, chances are they won’t bite. But if you know exactly when they enter the market for a new vendor and reach out before they start the search, your seemingly serendipitous call may be received with much more interest.
How does your attitude affect your success?
The reason why is because your attitude influences your actions. And we all know that it’s our actions that determine our success. As the saying goes, “your attitude determines your altitude.” Meaning that, the type of attitude you approach life with will significantly impact the level of success you will or will not have.
What is the relationship between attitude and being great at something?
If you take a step back and look at the relationship between a positive attitude and becoming great at something, you’ll see that it’s a symbotic, two-way relationship. Becoming great at something will give you a boost in confidence, which will positively impact your attitude.