Table of Contents
How do you respond to Happy Holidays?
A: Happy Holidays! B: Thank you. Happy Holidays to you too!…It’s also quite common to hear more informal responses, such as:
- “And (also) to you!”
- You too!
- Thanks, same to you!
- Happy New Year to you and yours (when you want to extend the wishes to the other person’s family)
What is the proper response to reply when someone tells you Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?
You can respond with “Merry Christmas” or “Same to you.” If you’re still uncomfortable, you can simply say “Thank you” or just nod and smile. DON’T respond with “It’s actually Happy Holidays” or anything similar to the first sentence of this answer.
How do you respond when someone says Merry Christmas?
“You too” is an abbreviation of a repeat of the sender’s statement, for example: Merry Christmas! [Merry Christmas to] You too! This is entirely valid spoken English (it’s very informal in written English), but be careful of when you don’t want to return the greeting in its exact form.
How do you wish someone a good holiday?
- Enjoy the holiday season.
- Warmest Wishes.
- May your days be merry and bright.
- Hanukkah Sameach!
- Light the menorah.
- Wishing you a new year full of peace and joy.
- May your holidays be full of warmth and cheer.
- The stockings were hung by the chimney with care…
Is it OK to say Happy Easter?
Yes you can. Easter is a celebration so the word “happy” is appropriate. The celebration is of Jesus Christ’s resurrection.
How do you respond to Happy New Year wishes?
- Thankyou For all your wishes . I hope u had a great year and an amazing one to come.
- Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year! ✨.May this year bring joy and happiness in your life!
- Thankyou So much🤩. Another year passed,another year has to come.
How do you thank people for Xmas wishes?
Examples of a generic thank you message for a wide range of situations:
- Thank you so much for your thoughtful Christmas gift. I really appreciated it!
- Thank you for thinking of me. That was so kind of you.
- Thank you for the Christmas gift. You helped make my holidays special.
- Thank you so much for the Christmas gift.
Why is it better to say Happy Holidays?
It’s not an insult to Christmas. It’s an inclusive way of wishing someone well and showing that you respect and value whatever tradition they observe. Actress and comedian Whoopi Goldberg agrees: ″’Happy Holidays’ allows everybody to be included…
How do I wish my boss happy holidays?
Thank you for your leadership and support over the past year. I hope you get a chance to relax and spend plenty of time with loved ones over the holidays. Wishing you and your family all the best this holiday season. I’m lucky to have a caring and supportive boss like you.