Table of Contents
- 1 How many NHL players have won a Stanley Cup?
- 2 Has any NHL player won the Stanley Cup 3 years in a row?
- 3 Has anyone won three Stanley Cups?
- 4 How many times did Gretzky win the Stanley Cup?
- 5 What goalie has the most Stanley Cups?
- 6 Who is the best hockey player of all time?
- 7 What franchise has the most Stanley Cups?
- 8 Which player has won the most Stanley Cups?
How many NHL players have won a Stanley Cup?
A total of 1,134 players have skated for Stanley Cup championship teams since the trophy was first awarded to the Montreal Amateur Athletic Association (Mtl. AAA) hockey club in 1893. Of the 1,134 winners, 626 (55.2\%) have won one Cup title, while 508 (44.8\%) have won on two or more occasions.
Has any NHL player won the Stanley Cup 3 years in a row?
And finally, Maroon is the fourth U.S.-born player to win three or more Stanley Cups in a row, along with Dave Langevin and Ken Morrow with the Islanders from 1980 to ’83 and Bill Nyrop with Montreal from 1976 to 1978. While the Cup he won in St.
What active NHL player has the most Stanley Cups?
What player has won 3 Stanley Cups in a row?
Pat Maroon has won his third straight Stanley Cup, and second in a row with the Tampa Bay Lightning following their 1-0, Game 5 victory over the Montreal Canadiens.
Has anyone won three Stanley Cups?
The Stanley Cup (French: La Coupe Stanley) is the championship trophy awarded annually to the National Hockey League (NHL) playoff champion….
|First winner||Montreal Hockey Club (4) (AHAC)|
|Most wins||Montreal Canadiens (24)|
|Most recent||Tampa Bay Lightning (3)|
How many times did Gretzky win the Stanley Cup?
As centre and team captain, Gretzky led the Oilers to four Stanley Cup victories (in the 1983–84, 1984–85, 1986–87, and 1987–88 seasons).
Who has won 4 Stanley Cups in a row?
New York Islanders
New York Islanders When the Islanders swept the Canucks in 1983, they became the first U.S.-based team and second team to win four consecutive Stanley Cups.
Which NHL team won 5 Stanley Cups in a row?
the Montreal Canadiens
On April 14, 1960, the Montreal Canadiens defeat the Toronto Maple Leafs to win the Stanley Cup for a record fifth year in a row.
What goalie has the most Stanley Cups?
Most Stanley Cups Won, Career
- Jacques Plante. 1955-56 – 1959-60. 1952-53 (MTL)
- Charlie Hodge. 1957-58 – 1959-60. 1955-56 (MTL)
- Ken Dryden. 1975-76 – 1978-79. 1970-71 (MTL)
- Turk Broda. 1946-47 – 1948-49.
- Grant Fuhr. 1983-84 – 1984-85.
- Clint Benedict. 1919-20 – 1920-21.
- Terry Sawchuk. 1953-54 – 1954-55.
- Johnny Bower. 1961-62 – 1963-64.
Who is the best hockey player of all time?
The 5 Greatest Hockey Players Ever
- Jaromir Jagr.
- Gordie Howe.
- Mario Lemieux.
- Bobby Orr.
- Wayne Gretzky.
- 5 Bruins Who Probably Won’t Return Next Season.
- 5 Oilers Who Probably Won’t Be Back Next Season.
- 3 Players the Bruins Should Target From the Kraken.
Who has won the most Stanley Cups since expansion?
Since 1966-67, the Montreal Canadiens have the most series wins by a team in the Stanley Cup Finals, with 10 wins.
Which team has won the most Stanley Cups?
The most successful team in the professional era of the Stanley Cup is the Montreal Canadiens. The Canadiens have won the Stanley Cup an impressive 24 times, although their last win was almost 20 years ago.
What franchise has the most Stanley Cups?
As of 2018, the Red Wings have won the most Stanley Cup championships of any NHL franchise based in the United States (11) and are third overall in total Stanley Cup championships, behind the Montreal Canadiens (24) and Toronto Maple Leafs (13).
Which player has won the most Stanley Cups?
Henri Richard, who played for the Montreal Canadiens , holds the record for winning the most Stanley Cups in NHL history . Richard won 11 total Stanley Cups in his 20-year career.
Who has the most Stanley Cups in a row?
The Montreal Canadiens have won the Stanley Cup 24 times, the most of any team. They also won the most in a row: five between 1955-56 and 1959-60. Henri Richard of the Montreal Canadiens appears the most on the Stanley Cup, 11 times.