Table of Contents
Why Ubuntu is not booting after installation?
This is one of the most common problems with Ubuntu not booting, usually occurring right after installation. This is because the Ubuntu boot disk (USB device or a DVD) is set as the boot device. To check the current boot device, boot into the system UEFI/BIOS, or boot order menu.
What to do after a fresh Ubuntu install?
Things to Do After Installing Ubuntu 20.04
- Check and Install Package Updates.
- Set Up Livepatch.
- Opt-in/Opt-out from Problem Reporting.
- Sign in to Snap Store.
- Connect to Online Accounts.
- Set Up a Mail Client.
- Install Your Favorite Browser.
- Install VLC Media Player.
What to do after fresh Linux install?
Things to do after installing Ubuntu 18.04 & 19.10
- Update the system.
- Enable additional repositories for more software.
- Explore the GNOME desktop.
- Install media codecs.
- Install software from the Software Center.
- Install software from the Web.
- Use Flatpak in Ubuntu 18.04 to get access to more applications.
What is Ubuntu cinnamon?
Brief: Ubuntu Cinnamon is a new distribution that utilizes Linux Mint’s Cinnamon desktop environment on top of Ubuntu code base. It’s first stable release is based on Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine. Cinnamon is Linux Mint’s flagship desktop environment.
What is Linux cinnamon?
Cinnamon is the principal desktop environment of the Linux Mint distribution and is available as an optional desktop for other Linux distributions and other Unix-like operating systems as well. Separation from GNOME was completed in Cinnamon 2.0, which was released in October 2013.
How do I configure Ubuntu?
- Step 1: Download Ubuntu. Before you do anything, you have to download Ubuntu.
- Step 2: Create a live USB. Once you have downloaded Ubuntu’s ISO file, the next step is to create a live USB of Ubuntu.
- Step 3: Boot from the live USB. Plug in your live Ubuntu USB disk to the system.
- Step 4: Install Ubuntu.
How do I install Google Chrome on Ubuntu?
Installing Google Chrome on Ubuntu Graphically [Method 1]
- Click on Download Chrome.
- Download the DEB file.
- Save the DEB file on your computer.
- Double click on the downloaded DEB file.
- Click Install button.
- Right click on the deb file to select and open with Software Install.
- Google Chrome installation finished.
How would you troubleshoot a Linux system that will not boot?
To fix Linux boot snags, make sure that everything on your hard disk is mounted, enter a chroot setup and next use the grub-install command to install GRUB again. If you decide to install GRUB in the MBR and the hard disk is addressed by the device file /dev/sda, you would use the command grub-install /dev/sda.
How do I install boot repair on Ubuntu?
Boot Repair is not available in the official package repository of Ubuntu. So you have to install it from the Boot Repair PPA. Now add the PPA of Boot Repair with the following command: $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yannubuntu / boot-repair
Why can’t I boot into Linux after installing Windows?
If you install Windows operating system after you’ve installed a Linux distribution such as Ubuntu, you won’t be able to boot into your Linux operating system. Boot Repair can help. Anything can go wrong while multi-booting Linux operating systems. Boot Repair can help as well. And many more.
How do I reinstall Ubuntu if it is not working?
if there’s a problem with your installed Ubuntu system, you should still be able to boot up an Ubuntu live CD or USB drive. Boot to the live media and start installing Ubuntu. Ubuntu should find your existing installation and give you a “Reinstall Ubuntu” option.
Why won’t Ubuntu boot after installing an additional driver?
Ubuntu does that for all the kernel modules that it ships in the ISO. Because you installed a new module (the additional driver) or made a change in the kernel modules, your secure system may treat it as an unwarranted/foreign change in your system and may refuse to boot.